Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Corn Pipeline Lead (Melhorista)
Your tasks and responsibilities
- Develop, evaluate, and advance Corn germplasm for the Tropical Safrinha pipeline of Brazil.
- Manage a breeding pipeline from population creation through field testing to evaluate and advance the highest performing germplasm.
- Participate in the development and implementation of new breeding strategies, technologies, operational processes, and digital capabilities.
- Integrate data science throughout the breeding process to enable a cognitive decision-making workflow and drive automation of downstream operations.
- Foster strong collaborative relationships with field testing, data science, engineering, molecular breeding, logistics, trait integration, and product characterization to deliver a robust pipeline and ensure meaningful knowledge transfer during pipeline hand-offs per crop
- cycle timelines.
- Ensure IP and quality of seed products.
- Attract and develop talent, foster co-design and safety culture, and drive collaboration across functions.
Who you are
- PhD in Plant Breeding, Genetics, Crop Science or related fields of study.
- Advanced English and Fluent in Portuguese.
- Strong background in plant breeding, molecular genetics, experimental design, statistical analysis, and molecular breeding.
- Familiarity with data science and computer programming and a demonstrated ability to perform data analysis with large datasets.
- Demonstrated experience working collaboratively in cross-functional and cross-cultural teams to achieve common goals.
- Experience with automated phenotyping/remote sensing and the interpretation of imaging data.
- Experience in coding software such as “R”, “Python”, etc.
Location: Uberlandia/Minas Gerais
Entry Level : Professional
Are you looking for a new challenge where you can show your passion for innovation? Are you interested in working as part of a global team to improve people’s lives? Then send us your online application including cover letter, CV and references.
Bayer welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.
Reference Code: 66817
Functional Area: Biotechnology R&D