Case Evaluator (Pharmaceuticals)
Your tasks and responsibilities
- Diligent evaluation and assessment of complex reports from clinical development projects as well as post marketing cases. Reporting sources include medical literature as well as, clinical trials and post-marketing surveillance studies. He/ she must ensure high medical quality and compliance with all health authority requirements regarding AE/ADR single case handling;
- Ensure medical plausibility, consistency and completeness of ADR case reports. Request follow-up information, and initiate use of specific product/event-related questionnaires when necessary;
- Confirm determination of seriousness, assess drug product causal association and global labeling status (expected or unexpected) in orderto achieve the appropriate case reporting status for global distribution for regulatory agency reporting;
- Provide medical/clinical advice for non-medic group members;
- Medical coding of various case data including all AE and Drug terms;
- This requires in depth knowledge of the present coding systems (MedDRA and WHO-DD) with respect to structure and medical content;
- Create written company causality comment for ADR case reports in accordance with internal standards and guidelines, including specific aggregate analyses and summary description of previous similar reports when required;
- Identify critical case reports that require immediate attention of the Global Safety Leader (GSL), including cases that are potentially suitable for extended discussion in PV aggregate reports (PBRER/ PSURs, DSUR and ASRs);
- Serve as mentor for PV Case Processors;
- Participate in AE/SAE reporting compliance analysis, when necessary;
- Contribute to a continuous improvement of PV system and processes;
- Prepare and conduct trainings on case processing topics of interest.
Who you are
- Medical degree required (preferably with 2 or more years of clinical experience);
- Must possess good medical/clinical interpretation skills based on potentially limited information provided along with a comprehensive understanding of medical terminology and proven capabilities in differential diagnosis;
- Should have or quickly develop basic knowledge of ICH principles of SAE/AE reporting along with basic understanding of local and global regulatory rules and regulations and basic knowledge of safety policies and procedures in the major countries;
- Should have or quickly develop good understanding of AE and drug coding conventions (MedDRA, WHO-DD);
- Basic knowledge of standard office software packages (Word, Excel);
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are essential;
- Fluency in English is essential (verbally and in writing). Must be able to fluently communicate with colleagues from PV data entry sites in other countries;
- High sense of responsibility and accountability and special sense for diligence even for routine processes;
- Proactive behavior and ability to keep timelines;
- Should possess well established interpersonal, decision-making, and organizational skills, along with practiced training skills;
- Ability to identify problems in case evaluation and to assist in the design workable solutions;
- Should possess or quickly develop the ability to establish cooperative working relationships with staff from different cultural and medical backgrounds;
- Important: 1 Position for Cardiology and 2 positions for Oncology therapeutic areas.
Location: São Paulo
Functional Area: [sap_fa_30]
Entry Level: 5
Your Application Status
Bayer has launched a new recruiting system that makes it faster and easier for you to apply.
Track your job applications:
Jobs published on or after June 12, 2017
Due to system updates, returning candidates will need to re-accept the data privacy statement when logging into their profile.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Caixa Postal 22523
Rua Domingos Jorge, 1100